Guided hiking tours - a real adventure in Oslo
Oslo is surrounded by lush green forests. They cover the city from north, west and east, and only in its southern part Oslo meets the waters of Oslo fjord.
Norwegian forest is magical. You will see it with your own eyes! Imagine old trees, big rocks covered with emerald moss, mysterious tiny forest lakes, and A LOT of views!
To enjoy all this you should be properly dressed - let us share some tips on what you should wear on a hiking tour in Oslo.
Good thing about hiking around Oslo is that no special equipment needed, just comfortable shoes and clothing. The difficulty of each hike depends of the route, but usually our hikes in Oslo are not very challenging - the path may go up and down, and there will be tree routes and some rocks on the way.
Ready for an adventure? Then here are some recommendations from our guides on what to wear on a hiking tour in Oslo, and what to take on a tour in Norwegian woods.
What to wear on a hiking tour in Oslo
- Comfortable shoes. Usually sport shoes such as sneakers are enough.
- Comfy clothes with an extra layer. You can get warmed up during our guided hiking tour, or it can get more chilly in the shadows of the forest. Anyways, it is always better to have an extra layer of clothing to put it on/ or off.
- Backpack with water or chocolate / sandwich. You are going to enjoy it on one of the breaks with a picturesque view over the city. Nothing better than a well/deserved snack!
- A bottle of water
- You can also take mosquito repellent although we think that there are not that many insects in the Oslo forests.
A few more tips before hiking:
- Check the weather forecast just in case to get ready to weather conditions. In rainy days it is nice to have a rain jacket and extra pair of dry socks.
- Don't forget to take lots of pictures!
- In summer the Norwegian forest is full of berries, so small box/jar would be helpful.
- Bring good mood :)
By the way, we can take care about water and snacks for you. Just add it as an extra while booking a hike.
We hope these tips were helpful and that you will enjoy the outdoors with us!
Book group or private guided hiking tours in Oslo on this page.