Skjennungstoppen forest tour – Enjoy an important part of Oslomarka
Would you like to experience the hike in the real Norwegian forest? Let's go to Nordmarka with Oslo Hiking!
The trip starts outside Oslo Visitor Centre at Jernbanetorget in Oslo city center.
We will then take the Frognerseteren line to Frognerseteren. Our group will hike along broad and small patches into the Northern Forest in Oslo. In this part of the forest, you can find fox, beaver, moose, deer, eagle, hare and many other animals! They are all harmless. But still, it is a great opportunity to see a wild Nordic nature.
We will have two breaks at a «hytte», the cottage of Skjennungen and Ullevålseter. They serve great coffee and fresh pastry! We will also visit the geographic center of Oslo, which is in the middle of the forest! We end our hike at Sognsvann, take the metro, and finish the trip at Jernbanetorget.
Travelling is all about sharing experiences, so why not go on hike together with friends or family, and book one of our tours as a larger group? We will be delighted to offer you a group discount:
- Small groups of 5 can save 10% per person
- Groups of 10 can save 20% per person
- Group discounts will be applied against the base price of the tour
(Children under 15 years of age together with adults only pay for the transportation)
What we recommend for our guided walks in Oslomarka forest
- It is recommended that participants bring a bottle of water and wear comfortable clothing and hiking shoes or similar.
- You should also wear trekking trousers on the tours longer than 4 hours.
- On longer trips you should bring something to eat - for example, chocolate, nuts or sandwiches.
- We recommend to use sunblock and protection against mosquitos.
- Remember that the trails might be wet because of rain.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions regarding our hikes in Oslomarka forest.
Would you like to make this tour private? Drop us a message here firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you with your request.
Please check the Calendar above. We recommend all participants to arrive 10 minutes before the tour starts.
This tour in Oslomarka takes about 5 hours including public transportation (4 hours walk, 1 hour metro). The walking distance is 12 kilometers.
Amazing hiking tour
An extremely brain recovering tour, beautiful forest, fresh and cool air, various mushrooms. The berries are tasty. The guide Tom is very friendly and professional. If I visit Oslo again, I will try the one day hiking 😁